Sunday, June 2, 2013

Meat the Truth: extra credit #2

So this is the second assignment that I chose for extra credit. This video was called "Meat the Truth", I wasn't absolutely sure what to expect, but as I watched the video I learned that the dietary choices that we, as humans make, also affect the environment. The comment that someone made during the video that really caught my attention was "if every family ate no chicken for one day a week, it could reduce as much pollution as removing 500 thousand cars off the road". this comment really got me thinking, if us humans really set our mind to it, we can change a lot on mother Earth. The main narrator of this video mention that about half of the wheat crops that are grown and harvested,  are fed to animals to produce more meat products, while there are people becoming more and more obese in countries like ours, there are other people across the world that go to sleep hungry every night. The animals that are living in these factory farms  are imprisoned and kept in confined spaces while being subjected to tortuous procedures, but that isn't all, the animals are given antibiotics to be kept alive in horrible conditions. Changing diets  is a simple way to help not only reduce green house gases but to avoid animals from living in such terrible and violent situations, thus giving humans the ability to help the environment and animals all together and this concludes my summary of "Meat the Truth".

No comments:

Post a Comment