Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Absorb Nature!!

On Wednesday of last week, I had an assignment in my Environmental Science class. We had to embrace nature and identify some abiotic and biotic things. So my adventure was to Promenade Park in Corona. I went at night with some friends. We sat on the baseball field for twenty minutes, but didn't see much happen. Right when we were ready to leave, I heard a squealing noise. I thought it was bats but it couldn't have been. We looked around and seen nothing. When we got in the car, as we turned, the lights shined on what seemed to be hundred of birds. These birds were on the ground and they had pink long legs and small round bodies with black and white feathers. These birds were biotic (alive). They looked like miniture flamingos but different colored feathers. It seemed odd to me to see so many birds on the floor so late at night. I tried searching to see what kind of bird it was but nothing popped up. The only bird that was similar was the stilt of Trabago. Some abiotic things i seen at the park were the gates that divided the baseball fields and the trash bins. Some other things I saw that were biotic are the grass, the trees and the birds. This is my nature experience. And I plan on going back to take a picture of all the birds.

2 comments:

  1. To bad the abiotic objects outweighed the biotics! The Stilts of Trabago were a great surprise, they are very unique and cute. I hope you post the picture when you go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time at the Park. It would be awesome to get a picture of those birds.

    ReplyDelete